Rainbows, Rubbish, Ravings and Ramblings of my Random Existence

25 August 2011

There was a cat.


He was a gigantic ginger cat (twice the size of my dog) and he belonged to my best friend's mum. They named him Haolian ("boastful") because, dunno, he was probably boastful.

He was like the dog they never had. He cared, he enjoyed, he feared, he loved, he suspected and he worried. His personality was bigger than his... obesity. And being the alpha of the 3 cats in their family, he took on the duty of being a role model for the second copy-cat and the third cat that they (the cats, not the humans) bullied.

He was the subject of much laughter and provided unconditional happiness to his family. Every mention of him would bring a stifled giggle or smile to my best friend and her mum.

It was some kind of a growth in his ear at first. It led to a medical check that diagnosed him with kidney failure. He didn't last long. He passed away suddenly yesterday at an old but not that old age of 12.

At this point I don't know what I should say anymore. I am not one who can speak when my emotions are fresh. I may not know this cat too well personally, but I've heard so much about him. He is as real to me as if he was almost mine. And it hurts.

Posted by Tashi Core

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...